[Rd] author field in Rd files

Timothy H. Keitt tkeitt at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 25 23:53:39 CEST 2004

I noticed in the extension manual that the \author{} entry should refer
to the author of the Rd file and not the code documented. I had always
interpreted it as the author of the code, not the documentation. I
wonder if others also find this ambiguous. Its generally not an issue,
except when there is a third party writing documentation. It looks like
they wrote all the code. Would it make sense to have two entries, one
for the documentation author and one for the code author if different?

Tim

--
Timothy H. Keitt
Section of Integrative Biology