[Rd] (PR#7163) Install packages does not work on Win2003 server

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Aug 12 17:37:40 CEST 2004

Walke, Rainer wrote:

> 	>a) It works for me.
> 	>b) If it works for you on some Windows versions but not on others,
> why
> 	>do you think it is a bug in R?
>
> 	It is the first of our application that shows this problem. At least
> as far as I know.
> 	The installation of R works without any problem, only the addition
> of further packages does not. What is the difference between both
> installation parts? Of course you may ask what is the difference between
> Windows NT and Windows XP as client system. And you may ask what is the
> difference between a Windows NT and a Windows 2003 file server?
> 	Is R using a piece of code that Windows XP sends wrong to a Windows
> 2003 file server?
>
> 	>Quite probably something is not set up correctly either in your
> 	>configuration of Windows (permissions, quota, ...) or in the
> 	>configuration of R (do you have set another library path to install
> to)?
>
> 	>Please tell us the way you tried to install the package.
>
> 	>Uwe Ligges
>
> 	What I did, was "Install packages from local zip files..."
> interactivly.
>
> 	Best,
> 	Rainer Walke

Is the share form which R has been started mounted on a drive letter or
do you start via the UNC path?
Which package is it? Does it also happen for CRAN packages?
I guess any security setting either on the Server or the client are
blocking the installation. But it is really hard to guess what it really
is... You might want to ask your local IT stuff.

Uwe Ligges