[Rd] Subsetting time series

Timothy H. Keitt tkeitt at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 10 16:22:12 CEST 2004

The basic concepts here seem to be "implicitly indexed," with a start and
step, and "explicitly indexed," where each value has a time (or space)
stamp (I've left out for the moment whether these need to be monotonic).
Since implicitly indexed can mimic explicitly indexed simply by generating
the time stamps on the fly, it makes sense for implicitly indexed to
inherit from explicitly indexed. Subsampling of an implicitly indexed
array can then safely return an explicitly indexed object from
].implicite.series (or whatever naming is appropriate).

Cheers,
THK

Timothy H. Keitt            http://www.keittlab.org/
Assistant professor