[Rd] win.metafile, devga, tkrplot in R 1.8.0

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 12 09:49:10 MEST 2003

The win.metafile one is long-standing but has only recently been checked:
it is now fixed (you were using a snapshot from the day the check was
reinstated).

The other problem is due to a change to .find.packages, which has
a new function .filePathAsAbsolute that changes / in paths to \\.
However, what R is passing to Tcl is a valid path, so looks like Tcl on
Windows is not accepting Windows paths, aargh.