[Rd] potentially nasty interaction between R 1.8.0 and tetex

Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 11 12:00:13 MEST 2003

  >> > I'm not sure what is called in the case you mention.
  >>
  >> > Note that this doesn't happen if one uses texi2dvi from the command
  >> > line, either, which is how I traced it down when comparing output in
  >> > the tex log files.
  >>
  >> > (i.e. the inclusion of the RHOME/share/texmf/hyperref.cfg from "R CMD
  >> > build" and not present when using RHOME/bin/texi2dvi).
  >>
  >> Hmm, we have this definition of hyperref.cfg since 1.5.0, i.e., quite
  >> some time now. I'm not sure if we really should change anything if
  >> problems are only on Debian unstable machines. I have Debian testing
  >> and that works fine.

  > We'd probably want to take a closer look at what the issue really
  > is,

yes, definitely

  > including teTeX version numbers. It could be a permanent change in
  > teTeX v2+ in which case we're going to see the effect all over the
  > place as it gets into major Linux distros, or it could be an
  > installation problem with Debian-unstable which should go away.

  > Then again, does "blue" and "Blue" really do different things?

probably not

  > In a
  > "no-op or fix" situation, we might choose to do the change...

I don't know ... the problem is that it is the first time we see this,
and I'd like to avoid that "blue" works for us, we put it in and then
it doesn't work on a lot of other systems.

My system has:

galadriel:Leisch$ dpkg -l tetex*
ii  tetex-base     2.0.2-4.1      basic teTeX library files
ii  tetex-bin      2.0.2-4.2      teTeX binary files
ii  tetex-doc      2.0.2-4.1      teTeX documentation
ii  tetex-extra    2.0.2-4.1      extra teTeX library files

.f