(PR#4307) Re: [Rd] par(new=T) works differently in pdf vs postscript if applied before a plot statement. (PR#4037)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 1 20:43:09 MEST 2003

Please give us an example of what you mean (as the FAQ asks).  Exactly
what order are you doing things in?

You can't send scripts to graphics devices, and you should not be calling
par(new=TRUE) without a plot already done.  So it would appear to be user
error, and it may well just be different error handling in the two
devices.  If I have guessedanything like right ....

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk