[Rd] RAqua and AquaTclTk

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Oct 30 23:16:29 MET 2003

Stefano Iacus <jago at mclink.it> writes:

> I'm not sure I understand you. Can you drop me a couple of lines of
> code to see what R is expected to do?
> I think I can register something if I know how (I think I reasonable
> know the carbon event part, I don't know about the tktcl part of the
> history).

The thing is the triplet

RTcl_setupProc
RTcl_eventProc
RTcl_checkProc

and subsequently

Tcl_CreateEventSource(RTcl_setupProc, RTcl_checkProc, 0);

in .../tcltk/src/tcltk.c

They currently call R_checkActivity, which on X11 returns a set of
file descriptors and then R_runHandlers(R_InputHandlers, readMask). If
aqua events also need to be checked and handled then you need to weave
that into the above routines, or set up a separate event source for
it.