[Rd] (PR#4806)

L.T.Kell at cefas.co.uk L.T.Kell at cefas.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 21:00:57 MET 2003

Duncan Temple Lang correctly pointed out that the function should have been
declared as

 test<-function(x,y) .Call("out",as.numeric(x),as.numeric(y))

However, the problem is that calling any of the functions in my DLL
(compiled using MSVC C++) causes R 1.8.0 to crash; out() ws just a simple
example. The functions had previous worked under R 1.7.x. I have now
recompiled R 1.8.0 under an earlier version of MinGW and my DLL functions
now works. I therefore suspect that the problem is related to MinGW and
Windows.

Regards Laurie