[Rd] Accessing data files w/ --use-zip-data

w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Oct 24 09:02:43 MEST 2003

> We would prefer you used inst/mydata copied to mydata (for some value of
> `mydata' != `data'), as package spatial does.  This allows the QC tools to
> check out aspects of the installed data directory unhindered.

Dear Prof. Ripley,

OK! - I'll do that. As this will probably come up again, would it be
worthwhile to define the recommended way and put something into the
"writing R extensions" manual?

PS I realized that system.file("mydata","myfile.xyz",package="matchprobes")
is a little more elegant than the construction cited in my previous mail.

Best regards
  Wolfgang