[Rd] plot, plot, methods, crash (PR#5173)

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Wed Nov 19 03:47:59 MET 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:06:06 +0100 (CET), you wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:23:53 +0000 (GMT), you wrote:
>
>>As you suspected it does not happen for me on Windows XP.
>
>I get it in Win98, but not in XP.
>
>>Any chance you could get some useful debugging information from Dr MinGW
>>(see the rw-FAQ)?
>
>I'll see if I can work out what's happening.

I think I've got it.  The timer event to draw buffered graphics to the
screen was being triggered after the graphics window had closed, and
was getting a junk bitmap handle to work with.  I've patched devga.c
to prevent this, and it seems to work here.  I need to do a regular
(non-debug) build now and make sure this doesn't break something else,
then I'll commit the change.

Duncan Murdoch