[Rd] $RHOME/bin/check in windows (PR#5135)

hoonie at snu.ac.kr hoonie at snu.ac.kr
Mon Nov 17 02:51:56 MET 2003

To whom it may concerned,

I'm trying to build a new R package in a windows platform.
Before that, I tried to check the previous well-know package from the CRAN
using the Rcmd command.
But I got the error messages as below.
I think this comes from the parsing error from the Perl script in $RHOME/bin/check.
In the following example, 'Program Files' is splited into 'Program',
and this has made the R checking prosess halt.
What could I've done wrong?

---------------BELOW: ScreenShot from the windows console---------------
C:\Program Files\R\rw1080\src\library>Rcmd check qtl
* checking for working latex ...latex: not found
 NO
C:/Program Files/R/rw1080/src/library
* using log directory 'C:/Program Files/R/rw1080/src/library/qtl.Rcheck'
* checking for file 'ChromoViz/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK

Error: cannot change to directory `C:/Program'
 ERROR
Installation failed.

---------------BELOW: Excerpt from the file $RHOME/bin/check ---------------
    chdir($startdir);
    (-d $pkg) or die "Error: package dir '$pkg' does not exist";
    chdir($pkg)
	or die "Error: cannot change to directory '$pkg'\n";