[Rd] docs, examples, man pages (PR#2711)

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Mar 31 19:22:44 MEST 2003

Thomas Lumley <tlumley at u.washington.edu> writes:

> On 31 Mar 2003, Peter Dalgaard BSA wrote:
> > 							 However, we
> > might consider building one of the other documents in the manual
> > collection (which are written in texinfo) in info format and put it
> > into the info tree for info-afficionados.
> >

> We already do this if the right tools are available at build time, and the
> man page describes how to read it.

Oops, so we do...

We might want to install an R.info.gz as a link (if possible) to one
of the others to avoid the effect described. [Why does it find Regex
rather than (say) Readline, I wonder?]

BTW, at least on my installation, "info R-intro" works without the -f
stated on the man page. -f suggests that you need to know the
whereabouts of the info file, so is somewhat misleading.