[Rd] docs, examples, man pages (PR#2711)

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Mar 31 18:22:29 MEST 2003

twl8n at virginia.edu writes:

> It would be great if the man page had examples for each of the commands.
>
> I've got R installed, but
>
> info R
>
> brings up the page for the GNU regular expression library. Any chance of
> having a complete set of man pages?
>
> Plain text documentation is good. I don't use Latex, and no one I know
> uses it.
>
> Thanks for a great package!
>
> Tom

There *is* plaintext help for each command. Two thousand one hundred
and ten files of it as of last count, albeit not in info format, but
as text, html, and latex. For the same reason, the refman is not an
info document but available in .dvi and .pdf formats. However, we
might consider building one of the other documents in the manual
collection (which are written in texinfo) in info format and put it
into the info tree for info-afficionados.

[As for not using LaTeX: Your loss, especially when dealing with
mathematically oriented software...]