[Rd] R-1.7.0 beta available

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Mar 26 23:50:04 MET 2003

I've set up for daily distribution builds of the current development
version. These are available at

    http://cran.us.r-project.org/src/base/

The current one is

    R-1.7.0beta_2003-03-26.tar.gz

(and it's pretty useless to wait for them to be mirrored elsewhere...)

Notice that these are made using "make dist" (like the final release
will be) and thus they may have problems that don't show up on CVS or
rsync checkouts (e.g. files missing).

You're encouraged to try them out and report errors if you find any.
In particular, we'd like you to do it if you have an "exotic"
hardware/software platform.