[Rd] writing to file with encodings (PR#2674)

ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 24 10:06:49 MET 2003

>From ?file:

     The encoding vector is used to map the input from a file or pipe
                                            ^^^^^
     to the platform's native character set.  Supplied examples are
     `native.enc' as well as `MacRoman', `WinAnsi' and `ISOLatin1',
     whose actual encoding is platform-dependent.  Missing characters
     are mapped to a space in these encodings.

Please don't send bug reports without reading every single line in the
help page.  See the R FAQ for the definition of a bug: this should have
been sent as a question to R-help, where we could have pointed you to the
help page.

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 jean-pierre.mueller at dssp.unil.ch wrote:

> Full_Name: Jean-Pierre Müller
> Version: 162