[Rd] flat namespaces

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
Mon Mar 17 09:58:20 MET 2003

The build works fine if I use -flat_namespace -undefined suppress
for shlib_ldflags (which means R.bin and libR.dylib are still build
with two-level namespaces, but all the module and library foo.so
files have flat namespaces).

This should probably be the way to do it, and I'll try to find out what
goes on in a separate version of R-devel.
===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw at stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au