[Rd] CRAN scripts?

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Wed Mar 5 10:04:42 MET 2003

Martin Maechler wrote:

> Many from R core would prefer stand-alone packages instead of
> bundles quite a bit. {some have even proposed to drop bundle support.}

Don't keep bundle support around just on my account. The one thing that I think
is useful is that the inter-dependencies in my packages also depend on package
versions, and I don't think require() checks versions. By putting the packages
in a bundle I am relatively sure a user will get versions of the packages that
are suppose to work together. Of course, this is a bigger problem than just my
packages, so a more comprehensive solution would be better.

Paul Gilbert