Documenting classes and methods: was [Rd] Re: R-devel Digest, Vol 3, Issue 23

Marsland, John John.Marsland at CommerzbankIB.com
Fri Jun 13 10:31:49 MEST 2003

Might it be an idea to make "?" a special operator akin to "+" or "[", R
users could then write their own help functions - may be even making "?"
generic? With the proposed xml help system one could imagine quite
sophisticated context sensitive help systems.

Regards,

John Marsland

PS this has been a very useful debate for those of us enthusiastically using
S4 methods.