[Rd] internal support for dlopen, dlclose etc (darwin port)

Stefano Iacus jago at mclink.it
Sat Jul 19 23:36:45 MEST 2003

This is just to say that I have included the code from the dlcompat
library to support dlopen, dlclose etc under darwin from inside R
itself.
This is needed to me to have as much as possible a selfcontained
application bundle which does not need too much external dlls installed
(the current version of RAqua installer also installs a copy of
dlcompat dll on user's system)

I have just committed to cvs and update the new version of RAqua
shortly on my webpage.

If you want to build this version of R you should re-configure from
scratch (I would be pleased to have some feedback from people using the
latest Dev Tools, panther etc)

PLEASE NOTE: before running configure please take care to remove
libdl*.dylib and dlfc.h header files from your system (either you use
fink or not) because I have not yet tuned the configure yet to take
care of this.

Stefano