[Rd] Re: [R] How to install a package

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Mon Jul 14 07:53:45 MEST 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:25:46 +0200, you wrote:

>more precisely, lasso2 fails make check on Windows when compiled without
>modifications, as mentioned in CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/1.7/ReadMe .

Uwe, do you think it would be helpful to display this information from
Rgui?  That is, put the whole list of packages into the menu, but mark
some of them as unavailable and display the explanation if those are
selected?  I'd guess lots of Rgui users never look at the binary
directory themselves, they let Rgui do it.

Duncan Murdoch