[Rd] Re: [R-SIG-Mac]4. Exit Gifi Gnome problem

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Thu Jan 2 21:57:06 2003

Confirmed. It is not your version of R or environment or the window
manager
(happens in OroborOSX, sawfish, blackbox). So it must be R-gnome, or
gnome from fink, or gnome itself. Would be good if it could be
verified/falsified
on other gnome systems.

On Thursday, January 2, 2003, at 12:39 PM, Joseph Kunkel wrote:

> Following from R-Sig-Mac digest #238 ...
> I installed R as suggested in R.pdf "4. Exit Gifi".
> On starting R with
>
> R --gui=gnome
>
> The system works reasonably but demo(graph) plots several demo graphs
> and their labeling off its window and the problem can not be cured by
> simple resizing the screen.  This is only a bug when using gnome.
> When using the regular Xterm invocation of R all demo(graphs) behave
> as they should.
>
> I assume this is a problem with gnome?  Is this problem catalogued and
> solved yet?
>
> Joe

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au