[Rd] Reorganization of packages in the R distribution

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes at groton.pfizer.com
Tue Dec 16 23:53:34 MET 2003

Ok, to take this thread in a slightly different direction.  In my 'gregmisc'
package I redefine the R code 'lowess' function
by moving the existing 'lowess' to 'lowess.default' and making 'lowess' a
generic.

Is there a "proper" and "supported" way of accomplishing this task?

[Please ignore for the moment whether this is appropriate for the lowess
function.  That is a separate discussion.]

-G

LEGAL NOTICE\ Unless expressly stated otherwise, this messag...{{dropped}}