[Rd] Re: arni.colors

Arni Magnusson arnima at u.washington.edu
Mon Dec 15 05:51:12 MET 2003

Thanks for those pointers, Nicholas. There is no doubt that Ross Ihaka is
the right person to take R colors into the right direction.

I have to admit I was only aware of the base color support in R, and wrote
arni.colors when I needed a rich and intuitive color palette for ordered
factors. Neither the built-in palettes nor linear args to rgb() and hsv()
satisfied my needs.

Judging from other email responses, some R users do appreciate the output
from arni.colors(), but they are probably not aware of the upcoming
goodies from Ross...

Until then,
Arni