[Rd] make check fails 1.7.1 with R-release patch in regression tests (PR#3868)

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 21 11:30:41 MEST 2003

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.

I tracked it down to (info <-file.info(".")) hanging and then started checking
the obvious as to what permissions that "tests" had and soon found out that
everything was quite messed up (I had forgot to chown the files after
unpacking them).

Once I cleaned that up and changed owership to a valid user id the hangs went
away.

So please close this as user stupidiity on my part.  I simply forgot that tar
keeps old user ids when unpacking and that I need to fix that myself before
patching and building.

Thanks gain for your fast responses!

Kevin