[Rd] Re: [R] Keyboard problem using RWin 1.7.0 (PR#2798)

dmurdoch at pair.com dmurdoch at pair.com
Sun Apr 27 00:40:31 MEST 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 00:57:18 +0200 (MET DST), DJNordlund at aol.com
wrote:

>Bug Description
>

>At startup I get the standard information and prompt....

>If I then paste anything, even something as simple as the character "1"
>(without quotes) to the command line, R stops responding to the keyboard.
>The "1" is visible on the command line, but pressing <return>, or the arrow
>keys, or <esc>, or any other key has no effect.  If the text being pasted is
>several lines of code, it is executed correctly, and if it outputs to the
>console, the output is seen correctly, but afterwards, the keyboard does not
>respond.  Additional code can be pasted to the command line and it also is
>executed correctly.

I can't reproduce this one.  Has anyone else been able to?  Dan, can
you reproduce it in the current R-patched?  (If you can't build it
yourself, get a copy from my web page,
<http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/r-devel>.  The copy
there is a couple of days old; I'll be uploading a new one later
today.)

Duncan Murdoch