[Rd] changing dir. to network drive crash Rgui on NT4 ( PR#2828)

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Wed Apr 23 14:57:09 MEST 2003

Andy,

After seeing your note above and Uwe's follow up, I reset Rgui to SDI
mode (I normally run MDI).  I have not been able to do this
predictably yet, but I have locked up Rgui twice and caused it to
crash once by changing the current directory and then going into the
GUI preferences and changing back to MDI mode. It has not occurred
simply changing directories.

If I can get this to occur with a predictable sequence, I'll post it.

For the record, this is R 1.7.0 under WinXP Pro with all updates.

A thought occurs to me in that I wonder if there is something to the
folder browsing dialog window/tree control and/or perhaps something
related to the change in window focus under SDI mode.

I have not been able to get this to happen if I just go into SDI mode
and then change back to MDI. It does seem in some fashion related to
the use of the folder browser control.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz