[Rd] Weird Windows startup menu display problem in 1.7.0 (PR#2817)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Apr 23 10:39:24 MEST 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:56:12 +0200, you wrote in message
<3EA5742C.9030900 at statistik.uni-dortmund.de>:

>Confirmed. Some GUI redrawing events have been cleaned up (I'm quite
>sure I have read about it) -- probably one too much.
>Duncan and/or Brian surely know where to fix that (comparing with the
>R-1.6.2 sources will give a hint, if you are going to debug yourself).

Yes, that's it.  There's a bug in 1.6.2 that causes your console
window to go back to normal size (from zoomed or minimized) after all
sorts of operations that should have no such effect, including
winMenuAdd().  I fixed that for 1.7.0, but unfortunately the fix had
the side effect of stopping the MDI frame from redrawing itself when
it needs to.

I've looked at the Graphapp code, and it looks like it would be
time-consuming to figure out how to fix the redraw problem properly.
For now I'll revert to the 1.6.2 behaviour in places where it looks
like a redraw is needed.

Duncan Murdoch