[Rd] R 1.7.0 installation problem: make check fails when using --with-lapack option

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Apr 17 14:48:42 MEST 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 08:34:45PM +0200, Matthias Burger wrote:
> compiling R 1.7.0 with gcc 3.1.1 on Debain Linux (woody stable) with the

As announced last night, R 1.7.0 packages are already available for Debian
unstable (as usual via Debian mirrors) as well as Debian testing and stable
(via CRAN).

> configure option --with-lapack works but make check fails in test base-R
> with the message
[...]

We did not see that. I would suggest that you grab either the procompiled
packages from CRAN, or their sources if you want to rebuild locally. The
latter option is appealing as you get both the package management
intgegration and a build off your locally installed libs.

[...]
> Is this a known problem with gcc 3.1.1? Or my configure call configuration?

Possibly. I update my Debian machines (mostly testing) almost daily, and I
never had a gcc 3.1.1 -- but testing now has a choice of 2.95, 3.0, 3.2 and
3.3 all of which can be installed at the same time.  You may have your
reasons to stick with gcc 3.1.1, but you then need to accept that we cannot
solve your issues for you as we work from a different set of released and
supported software.

Hth, Dirk

--
Don't drink and derive. Alcohol and algebra don't mix.