[Rd] C function and Windows XP

Ramzi Feghali ramzi_feg at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 17 18:10:43 MEST 2003

Hi dear R developer, we are trying to build DLL files using Microsoft Visua=
l C++. As stated in readme.packages we have to build first the import libra=
ry Rdll.lib with the command: lib(def:R.exp/out:Rdll.lib. However, this com=
mand gives 2155 errors due to unresolved external symbols (ATTRIB to zlibVe=
rsion) in R.exp.Could anybody tell me if something is missing in the comman=
d line or suggest any new operation with MVC++ knowing that in R manuals we=
 could build DLL without using a shared library using the Rcmd SHLIB.Thx a =
lot  Ramzi