[Rd] RMySQL temporary table question

James Chapman james-chapman@uiowa.edu
Sat Nov 30 03:13:03 2002

Hi,

I've run into a bit of a problem with using the RMySQL library. I've
been attempting to create a temporary table in a MySQL database and then
perform a SELECT with a WHEREs clause on the table. In effect perform a
SELECT with a subSELECT.

The problem is that it never seems to be able to find the table after I
create it. I've been using the dbSendQuery method to create the table
since this seems to be the one too use for sending all forms of SQL
commands.

Is it possible that MySQL is dropping the temporary table every time a
new dbSendQuery is run? Or (more likely) am I using the library
improperly.

Thanks,

James

... asset pricing is paradoxical. On the one hand, the theory is so
persuasive that it is widely believed to be correct, to the point that
business, government and even jurisdiction appeal to it. Yet there is
little evidence that the theory explains the past, let alone that it
predicts the future.
	---The Paradox of Asset Pricing
        	by Peter Bossaerts