[Rd] interaction.plot (with misplaced legend) (PR#1305)

ligges@statistik.uni-dortmund.de ligges@statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:27:14 +0100 (MET)

Kaiya Liu wrote:
> Hi,
> I encountered a problem when I did interaction plots using the
> interaction.plot() function. The labels for the trace factor appeared on
> the plot when I did the plots in separate windows, but disappeared/cut off
> when multiple plots were placed in one window. Can anybody help me?

>From the example of ?interaction.plot:

 interaction.plot(dose, supp, len, fixed=TRUE) # OK

But the following looks quite ugly:

 interaction.plot(dose, supp, len, fixed=TRUE)
 interaction.plot(dose, supp, len, fixed=TRUE)

 interaction.plot(dose, supp, len, fixed=TRUE)

There is not only a problem with the legend, also the magnification of
the axis annotation is not homogeneous, because for the x-axis
annotation mtext() is used. I'd suggest to change line 35:
  mtext(xlabs, 1, at = xvals) # old
  axis(1, at = xvals, labels = xlabs, ...) # new

Uwe Ligges

platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     x86
os       Win32