[Rd] Samples of external code with various compilers?

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch@pair.com
Fri Dec 6 03:52:02 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:16:16 +1100 , you wrote:

>#The reason it wouldn't be in README is that README is supposed to give
>#information common to all platforms.  But perhaps it would be useful
>#to add a pointer to platform-specific files to the RESOURCES file?
>
>Hmmm-- it is in my README for RW1061. The README file for the Windows binary
>distribution specifically mentions Windows in its title line. Also, there
>doesn't seem to be a file called RESOURCES in my distributions (1.3.1,
>1.5.0, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, all for Windows). I installed pre-compiled binary
>versions-- don't know if the "completely from source" method gives different
>files?

Oops, yes, I was looking at the source tree, not an installed copy.
The README and RESOURCES files should probably be included in the
Windows binary distributions; they've got different sorts of
information than the Windows README.

Duncan Murdoch