[Rd] Samples of external code with various compilers?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@stats.uwo.ca
Tue Dec 3 16:55:03 2002

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:08:12 +0000 (GMT), Brian Ripley wrote in message
<Pine.LNX.4.31.0212021606210.10423-100000@gannet.stats>:

>On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

>>  1.  Rewriting the samples in sections 4.2 and/or 4.5 in Fortran,
>> Delphi, etc.  I might make them a little more elaborate, e.g. showing
>> how to return a character string.
>
>(Except the last is non-portable for Fortran).  Contributions welcome, of
>course.

But that's the point:  the portable things belong in the R Extensions
manual, but the non-portable things are still useful to people.

>>  2.  Write up the details of how to do it in various specific
>> compilers.  For example, if you're using Microsoft Visual Fortran, how
>> do you create a DLL, how do you set the exported entry points, what
>> bugs do you need to work around.
>
>I think it is only an issue on Windows.  That needs to go in
>readme.packages: some is already there.

Yes, that file as lots of the type of information I was thinking of.
I had forgotten about it; it should probably be mentioned in (the
Windows version of) the dyn.load help file.

Duncan Murdoch