[Rd] trouble with netCDF (PR#824)
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:18:38 +0100 (MET)
First and foremost, regarding:
> Please do not send bug reports to R-bugs and R-help: the first
> set goes to R-devel too which means that the active developers see it
> twice (and are probably twice as likely to ignore it, as I will next time).
My appologies. I'm well aware that R is a labour of love for those involved,
and I truly appreciate what they've given the rest of us. The last thing
I want to do is irritate any of you. Now trying to pull foot from
mouth. And making every note to not do this sort of thing in future.
Thanks for the quick reply with information.
> You did use netCDF_1.1 for 1.2.1 did you.
> The first item is to report that it had passed R CMD check netCDF?
Output from that is....
---Begin ~/R/netCDF.Rcheck/00check.log ---
* using log directory /home/jasont/R/netCDF.Rcheck
* checking for file `netCDF/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION Package field ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION Version field ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION Title field ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION License field ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION Author field ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION Maintainer field ... WARNING
* no DESCRIPTION Maintainer field found
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking for undocumented objects ... OK
* creating netCDF-Ex.R ... OK
* checking examples ... OK
* creating netCDF-manual.tex ... OK
* checking netCDF-manual.tex ... OK
---End ~/R/netCDF.Rcheck/00check.log ---
Looks good to me. As you've probably guessed, I'm new
to R, so take the following with the requisite number
of grains of salt: in the R-ex directory, the
read.netCDF.R file contains either blank lines
or commented lines, and nothing else. There might
be some keywords there for the example software?
---Begin ~/R/netCDF.Rcheck/netCDF/R-ex/read.netCDF.R ---
###--- >>> `read.netCDF' <<<----- Read subsets of a netCDF file
## alias help(read.netCDF)
##___ Examples ___:
## Keywords: 'file'.
---End ~/R/netCDF.Rcheck/netCDF/R-ex/read.netCDF.R ---
NetCDF installation: version 3.4, built from source.
Other NetCDF utilities continue to work nicely, which
is how I'm working around the issue. Now, I'm taking
existing netCDF files, converting them to csv files,
and either reading them directly, or loading them
to PostgreSQL, and using RPgSQL or RODBC. Conversion
to csv is done using home-brewed c programs which
were dynamically linked against libnetcdf.so. As
such, I'm pretty sure the library is still working fine.
I have a nice sample netCDF file, but I doubt it's appropriate
for the bugs list (waste of bandwidth). It's just under 2K.
Indigo Industrial Controls Ltd.
r-devel mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: firstname.lastname@example.org