[Rd] clipped lines have wrong slope in log plot (PR#839)

jason@cs.rochester.edu jason@cs.rochester.edu
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 02:17:21 +0100 (MET)

I'm using R version 1.2.0 (2000-12-15), on RedHat Linux 6.2 (kernel 2.2.14).

The following command ought to plot a straight-line on a log-log
graph but instead plots two line segments, both with the wrong

Only clipped lines seem to have this problem.  Changing to type "b"
or enlarging the ranges fixes it:

abline has the same problem.  Try following the above calls with abline(2,-1).
(This is supposed to plot a straight line in the log-log domain, and
does, but it's the wrong straight line.)

I can also get the problem where only one axis is logarithmic.
Let's untransform the x-axis from the original command:

Thanks! - Jason Eisner