mailx (PR#404)

Friedrich Leisch
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:55:10 +0100 (CET)

b> Is there a reason that the default option for a mailer program (at least
b> on Linux) is .Options$mailer="mailx"?  I don't have mailx on my system,
b> I suspect many other Linux users don't either, and it's kind of disconcerting
b> to have fail ...

mailx is a ``meta-name'' which currently searches for

in this order. The former two are available on my Debian Linux
machine. The reason is that plain mail does not allow all options we
need on some Unix systems, hence we can't include it in the list.

But of course the above list can be extended ... which program would
you suggest to use?

r-devel mailing list -- Read
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !)  To: