modreg buggy: uninitialized variable in sinerp.f (PR#302)
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 13:33:04 +0200 (MET DST)
I had some strange problems with modreg: sometimes functions
hang in an infinite loop, consuming 100% CPU time. Especially
when update()ing models (as in example(ppr)) with sm.method="gcv"
I found that if I repeated the call after I did interrupt the hang,
it ran to completion.
After some lengthy debugging I could track down this problem:
sinerp.f, line 22--24 read:
This leaves wjm3(3) uninitialized. So after changing these lines to
the bug was gone.
--please do not edit the information below--
platform = i386-pc-os2_emx
arch = i386
os = os2_emx
system = i386, os2_emx
status = Release
major = 0
minor = 65.1
year = 1999
month = October
day = 07
language = R
.GlobalEnv, Autoloads, package:base
r-devel mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: firstname.lastname@example.org