submission method "none" of -- interaction with ESS ?

A.J. Rossini
08 Apr 1999 07:06:06 -0700

    FrL> This is not only a problem of, but of providing
    FrL> a working editor in ESS ... because the same happens if you
    FrL> say edit(lm) or of whatever object you want.

    MM> but nobody sane using ESS would say
    MM>     edit(..)
    MM> 	       ;-)

Well, we hope not.  I guess we should scan for and edit,
and do the appropriate thing :-).

(for edit, "dump-object to buffer", for bugreport, dump everything
including mail, x-rated pictures, etc, into a file and send it to
r-bugs, until it's fixed in R -- who says you can't have the same kind
of fun with unix that the windows users had with melissa? :-)

-- but seriously, what should the proper response be?

R for unix then ought to have an --ess flag, the way Windows does, to
prevent such occurrences, and we can handle things appropriately (and
better!) in ESS.

A.J. Rossini
UW Biostatistics & Center for AIDS Research
206-543-1044 / 206-720-4282
r-devel mailing list -- Read
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !)  To: