R-alpha: CRAN source/contrib

Kurt Hornik Kurt.Hornik@ci.tuwien.ac.at
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 18:33:55 +0200

Several of the contrib packages were upgraded today.  Most notably,
Thomas rewrote parts of gee which were copied from Numerical Recipes.
Also, I added a port of the `oz' package which seems to work fine.

The current INDEX file is attached.  I've made several changes as
suggested.  CRAN should be announced soon (hopefully I can get to
upgrading the FAQ tonight).

CRAN/source/contrib currently contains:

	ace (Alternating Conditional Expectations) and avas (Additivity
	and variance stabilization for regression) for selecting
	regression transformations.

	S avas original by Rob Tibshirani <tibs@utstat.toronto.edu>,
	FORTRAN ace code by Friedman & Spector from Statlib.
	R package by Thomas Lumley <thomas@biostat.washington.edu>.
	(avas ported; ace modified to use double precision, and an R
	interface cloned from the avas() one).
	Software (bootstrap, cross-validation, jackknife), data and
	errata for the book "An Introduction to the Bootstrap" by B.
	Efron and R.  Tibshirani, 1993, Chapman and Hall.

	S original by Rob Tibshirani <tibs@utstat.toronto.edu>.
	R port by Fritz Leisch <Friedrich.Leisch@ci.tuwien.ac.at>.

	A library of classical tests, including the Bartlett, Fisher,
	Kruskal-Wallis, Kolmogorov-Smirnov, and Wilcoxon tests.
	Written by Kurt Hornik <Kurt.Hornik@ci.tuwien.ac.at>.

	Functions for dealing with dates.  The most useful of them
	accepts a vector of input dates in any of the forms 8/30/53,
	30Aug53, 30 August 1953,..., August 30 53, or any mixture of

	S original by Terry Therneau <therneau@mayo.edu>.
	R port by Thomas Lumley <thomas@biostat.washington.edu>.

	Miscellaneous functions used at the Department of Statistics at
	TU Wien (E1071).

	Compiled by Fritz Leisch <Friedrich.Leisch@ci.tuwien.ac.at>.

	Maximum likelihood estimation of the parameters of a
	fractionally differenced ARIMA(p,d,q) model (Haslett and
	Raftery, Applied Statistics, 1989).

	S original by Chris Fraley <fraley@stat.washington.edu>.
	R port by Fritz Leisch <Friedrich.Leisch@ci.tuwien.ac.at>.

	An implementation of the Liang/Zeger generalized estimating
	equation approach to GLMs for dependent data.

	S original by Vincent Carey <carey@biostat.harvard.edu> and
	Aidan McDermott.
	R port by Thomas Lumley <thomas@biostat.washington.edu>.

	A function to plot Japan's coast-line and prefecture

	S original by Ritei Shibata <shibata@statlab.math.keio.ac.jp>.
	R port by Kurt Hornik <Kurt.Hornik@ci.tuwien.ac.at>.

	Functions for plotting Australias coastline and state boundaries.

	S original by Bill Venables <Bill.Venables@adelaide.edu.au>.
	R port by Kurt Hornik <Kurt.Hornik@ci.tuwien.ac.at>.

	An R interface to the Stuttgart Neural Networks Simulator

	Written by Fritz Leisch <Friedrich.Leisch@ci.tuwien.ac.at>.

	Regression spline functions.

	R port by Thomas Lumley <thomas@biostat.washington.edu>, based
	on the S packages `splines' by Doug Bates <bates@stat.wisc.edu>
	and `safe.predict' by John Chambers and Trevor Hastie.

	Functions for survival analysis.  This ``port'' is not complete
	yet, because it requires a few changes to the R system itself
	rather than the add-on package, but most of the functionality is
	already available.

	Requires splines.