[ESS] showing ESS session input/output and plots in a web browser

Jason E. Aten j@e@@ten @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Mar 31 18:04:06 CEST 2024

My rbook project may be of interest to other ESS users.

It is a project I wrote in Go (golang) that mirrors
the R session (text commands, text outputs, and plots)
to a web browser.

This makes it easy for me to work on a remote linux
box but see all the graphics (without
having to run a local X server or VNC client).

In addition to linux, it works on macOS.

Rbook also saves the session history
(including graphics as png) into a single binary file,
creating a lab-notebook like recording of experiments.

See

https://github.com/glycerine/rbook

for details and a screenshot.

If you find it interesting, please give it a Star on github.  Thank you.

Best regards,
Jason