[ESS] Emacs 28 and Sweave files

Stephen Bond @tephen@cbond @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Sun Sep 11 16:24:03 CEST 2022

I am trying to help even though I know little:

I used the approach in
https://plantarum.ca/2021/10/03/emacs-tutorial-rmarkdown/
> The main function you need for this is polymode-export, bound to M-n
> e.
>
> The first time you run this, you’ll be asked which exporter you would
> like to use. There are two choices, markdown and markdown-ess.

So, if you choose markdown it will ask for format and then you can type
pdf or html, it will weave and then look for pandoc. I have this in my
.emacs

 '(markdown-command
   (concat "pandoc" " --from=markdown --to=html" " --standalone --
mathjax --highlight-style=pygments"))

You can see that it ignores the to=html and asks me every time. It also
igonres the title section, where I specify the output format. So, it
looks like polymode does not know how to read the title/yaml, but that
is not a big deal as you can set that in the dialog after M-n e

Cheers
Stephen