[ESS] ESS confused about newest R

Shreyas Ragavan @hrey@@ @end|ng |rom |@@tm@||@com
Wed Jun 29 15:57:27 CEST 2022

I wanted to add a suggestion here that when or if you add multiple R versions from non-standard paths to your PATH environment variable in Windows (to enable Emacs or any program to find the R executable) - it is important to make sure the desired version of R is the First path. Programs will stop looking for the executable once it is found, and if an earlier R version is found before the desired version - that is what would start up.