[ESS] executing Julia from org: error in ess-eval-region

Stephen Eglen @je30 @end|ng |rom c@m@@c@uk
Mon Aug 15 10:46:14 CEST 2022

Thanks Eric.  I'm afraid I've not been able to get as far as you yet...

1. julia-repl is not part of ESS... are you loading ESS in this?

2. I tried something simpler...

#+begin_src julia
  1 + 2
#+end_src

without a session.  I needed to add (julia . t) to the
org-babel-load-languages but then when I C-c C-c in that block I see:

executing Julia code block...
Wrote /var/folders/dk/h27sxrrj3mg6myd8ht0ym9300000gn/T/babel-EjcUNR/ob-input-vzlgW1
Code block produced no output.

and I don't get any output, even without the :session tag.  Does the
code chunk work for you, without :session?

I'm rusty with the details of org-mode, is there any other setup needed?

Stephen