[ESS] ess-local-process-name

Hüsing, Johannes Joh@nne@@Hue@|ng @end|ng |rom kreb@reg|@ter@nrw@de
Wed Apr 27 11:37:19 CEST 2022

I am trying to get an ESS session running by entering Meta-x R. An R process is starting, and interacting with it is possible, but limited. , for instance autocompletion (and even using C-u for 4-fold repetition of next key stroke). Every now and then I  get the message:

Error running timer 'ess--idle-timer-function': (void-function ess-local-process-name)

The variable ess-local-process-name resolves to R, as does ess-current-process-name.

ESS version 20220225.1523 installed, GNU Emacs 28.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.33, cairo version 1.17.6)
of 2022-04-04

Dr. rer. medic. Johannes H�sing
Biostatistiker
Landeskrebsregister Nordrhein-Westfalen gGmbH
Gesundheitscampus 10
44801 Bochum

Tel 0234-54509-216
Email johannes.huesing using krebsregister.nrw.de<mailto:johannes.huesing using krebsregister.nrw.de>