[ESS] Style: avoid new lines in chains of square brackets [][]

Jeremie Juste jerem|eju@te @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 3 18:13:01 CEST 2021

Hello Vincent,

> On Wed, Jun 2, 2021, at 19:01, Vincent Arel-Bundock via ESS-help wrote:
>> Jeremie,
>>
>> This is quite embarrassing, but the behavior does NOT replicate under
>> vanilla emacs. I should have done my research!

I have fallen into this trap (many times) as well so rest assured you
are in good company.

On Thursday,  3 Jun 2021 at 11:40, Vincent Arel-Bundock via ESS-help wrote:
> On a Windows 10 machine with emacs 27.1, I was able to get the intended formatting with:
>
> (setq lsp-enable-on-type-formatting nil)
>
> Apologies for posting to the wrong list, and thanks again.

Glad you found the culprit and thanks for sharing.

> Apologies for posting to the wrong list, and thanks again.
Learning to seek for help is an quality I cherish and is at the heart of
free software. I never imagined how much I would have learned by doing
so. So no need to apologize. ;-)

Best regards,
Jeremie

PS: We think therefore we R (with ESS).