[ESS] unexpected behavior for Emacs-27.1-1-modified-1 for two MacBooks.

Kasper Daniel Hansen k@@perd@n|e|h@n@en @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 27 13:43:49 CET 2021

Regarding cl:

On top of replacing
  (require 'cl)
with
  (require 'cl-lib)
I also needed to make a number of changes to the usage of various cl
functions. Emacs would complain about unknown functions once I did (require
'cl-lib). Basically all of the cl functions were changed from XX to cl-XX
for example destructuring-bind changed to cl-destructuring-bind. Once I
figured this out, it didn't take too long to fix, despite all of the cl
code being copied from somewhere on the net.

Best,
Kasper

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 9:54 AM Stephen Berman via ESS-help <
ess-help using r-project.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 18:59:27 -0600 Dirk Eddelbuettel via ESS-help <
> ess-help using r-project.org> wrote:

> > | The NEWS file in Emacs 27 says:
> > |
> > |   ** The 'cl' package is now officially deprecated in favor of
> 'cl-lib'.
> >
> > I know. What I do not know is which of the packages I load tickles this.
>
> The message is triggered when the sexp `(require 'cl)' is evaluated, so
> searching for that sexp should find the culpable packages.  (If it
> doesn't, you could try searching for `(load "cl.el")', which also
> triggers the message, but that's much less common than the `require'
> sexp.)
>
> Steve Berman

Best,
Kasper