[ESS] [OT] Best Practices Emacs / ESS Mini-Webinars

Sat Jan 2 21:57:27 CET 2021

On 2 January 2021 at 15:33, Stephen Bond wrote:
| I updated with your suggestions. The only item I witheld is the search
| with regexp, which I think belongs somewhere later.
| Do I have a nod from Dirk and the Lisp programmers to write a draft
| introducing common code navigation and custom options? This will be
| posted on github for further review and edits.

Sure!

By all means please add your github handle to the list at the collabedit page
under '## Who is who (add GitHub handles to join GH org)' and I send you an
invite into the org.

As of right now, five of us are there and a first repo has opened [1] so you
could add a second.  And I guess we should maybe move the 'scratchpad'-style
discussion of a list of topics (and their authors and possible reviewers?) to
the GH wiki of the overall repo https://github.com/ess-intro/ess-intro/wiki ?

Dirk

[1] And I filed an issue to maybe rename it; it might be best if they are all
prefixed 'talk-ABC-XYZ' or 'presentation-ABC-XYZ' with ABC and XYZ
placeholders so yours could be 'talk-ess-installation' (and/or maybe add
'standard' to distinguish from spaceemacs installation).  No strong feelings
on what prefix to use but an inkling we'd be better off having one.

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org