[ESS] how to deal with underscore in ggplot2 etc

Stephen Bond @tephen@cbond @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Fri Sep 4 15:33:05 CEST 2020

Hello ESS users,
Please, tell me how do you deal with the proliferation of functions that use the underscore symbol? My biggest concern is using ggplot2 where all the geom functions have an underscore: geom_smooth etc?the package is authored by the people behind Rstudio who do not care about ESS users, but many other packages now employ the underscore heavily.Is there a package/function that can rename all functions in a package by replacing the underscore with a dot: geom_smooth becomes geom.smooth??is there any interest by the ESS developers to create such a package/function?I apologize if this has been discussed, but I cannot find a search field in the archives.CheersStephen