[ESS] ess-eval-region Does Not Echo Highlighted Code Into the R Buffer?

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Tue May 19 22:51:33 CEST 2020

Hi All,

I just updated my ESS/Polymode installation today via melpa, and unless I am missing something, I noticed that the use of ess-eval-region via "C-c C-r" does not seem to echo the highlighted R code region into the R buffer, which it had been doing until now.

The code does execute, confirmed when I check for the resultant object.

Am I missing new behavior, or perhaps a setting that changed someplace, or that I introduced a conflict with the updates today?

Thanks,

Marc Schwartz