[ESS] [External] Re: R transcript file name suffix

Richard M. Heiberger rmh @end|ng |rom temp|e@edu
Mon Jun 1 23:12:22 CEST 2020

absolutely restore .rt as a valid transcript file name.

.st goes back to at least S-Plus and if my memory serves, to S.
.rt was constructed by analogy.
the .rout and .sout  are excessively verbose, rather recent additions.
Additions, not replacements.

Rich